a href link to Home a href link to FAQ

There Is A Pet or Animal That Has Been Causing Problems.

If there is an emergency, crime in progress or threat present DO NOT call the non-emergency line.  Dial 911 and follow the instructions of the dispatcher.

To complain about an animal in the neighborhood, whether it be nuisance barking, wild animals or pets running loose, etc., please call our non-emergency line at 769-5674 or 769-5675.   The City of Nicoma Park contracts with the City of Choctaw to provide an Animal Control Officer. YOU MUST CALL our Police Department to have an Officer look into the problem as Choctaw will only dispatch an officer if a Nicoma Park Police Officer calls.  DO NOT call Choctaw directly because they will not send someone out.  If the police officer on duty is available to take your call, they will look into the complaint.  

If your domestic animal (i.e. dogs, cats etc.) has been impounded, it will be taken to the Midwest City Animal Welfare Center. You can contact them at 405-427-6640 between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. If you think that your animal may have been taken and you do not get a response from the police department, call Midwest City. They should be able to tell you. 

The Nicoma Park Police Department would like to remind all citizens to please spay/neuter your animals. It is a small fee that could save you from receiving a citation that would cost far more than the procedure or even worse, your animal could run away while in heat or become impregnated by another animal causing the cycle to continue.  All animals in Nicoma Park must be on a leash if they are not behind a fence. Animals that run free are subject to being impounded and citations will be issued to the owner of the animal(s). Please, remember that you are responsible for everything that your animal does while not on your property and you can be held criminally and civily liable. 

If you no longer wish to keep your animal or no longer have the means to support it, you can take the animal to the Midwest City Animal Welfare Center at 7221 NE 36th St. and donate it / them to the City of Midwest City for a nominal fee of $15.00. Please be mindful that if you choose to donate your animal, you will not be able get it back later, as it immediately becomes the property of the City of Midwest City.  

The Nicoma Park Police Department takes animal cruelty seriously. In our state, animal cruelty is a felony and every complaint will be investigated.  All animals must have access to food, clean water and proper shelter to shield them from the elements.  If you believe that an animal is being neglected, please let us know and an Officer will look into it. 

If you are interested in adopting an animal, please contact the Midwest City Animal Welfare Center or the City of Oklahoma City Animal Shelter.